Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Questions and issues concerning LXPlan (formerly LXFree for Java)
Adamgzrk

Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Postby Adamgzrk » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:27 am

Hi all..
Since I've used LxFree (LxPlan) last time (probably 2 yrs ago), a lot of things changed. I'm not sure if the program is bugged or I'm just adjusting to new version, but... Before, labeling fixture with gel number, Lee or Rosco, automaticly changed the colour of the fixture accordigly to the gel - and that is now not happening now and i can't figure why. Also, using custom symbols fox fixtures, then importing Key Block and changig it's size results in deforrmation of custom symbols in Key Block.. Not shure if this was a thing before. Also its impossible (or i don't know how) to label custom fixtures with chanell n., gel n. etc. I do own a licence for LxFree (LxPlan). And, this is the most annoying thing, downloaded licence doesn't work. I need to copy/paste name and code every time I'm using Lx...
Am I doing something wrong or is't just how it is?
(Sorry for probably bad english, I'm in the middle of tech week, a litle drunk and frustrated)

Adamgzrk

Re: Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Postby Adamgzrk » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:43 am

Don't know how, but I figured out how to do the gel colours..

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Postby admin » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:04 am

The issue with the license file is the special characters in the license name. This causes a problem only on some machines and some versions of Java. Others work fine. But, regardless the issue is fixed in the latest Windows versions. The latest installers for Windows also include a fix for the key block issue.

There are switches in the View->Options window's Automatic tab that could be the issue with the coloring. The other possible issue is using a color name that is not in the color library. "r80" will not work. "R80" will be found. Custom colors can, of course, be added to the plot. So, if you wanted "r80" you could make an entry for it.