Exporting PDF

Questions and issues concerning LXPlan (formerly LXFree for Java)
KunstLichtSchalter

Exporting PDF

Postby KunstLichtSchalter » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble exporting PDFs. If I do they look fine on the same computer as the one I created the file with, but if I try to open them on any other machine the PDFs appear as blank. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Art is resistance

admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting PDF

Postby admin » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:04 pm

The PDFs created directly with LXPlan can have compatibility problems with Adobe Acrobat. Often you can view them with Firefox or Edge browsers.

An alternative to exporting the PDF using the export function is to use the Microsoft Print to PDF option for the Print command.

LXPlan relies on an open source library for its built-in PDF export. The compatibility issues of this library with versions of Adobe Acrobat are generally due to subtle things to do with fonts. That is why it works on some computers and not on others.

When you use the Microsoft Print to PDF, it is just like printing. When you select the Print command you are first asked for the paper size. You may want to set the margins of the virtual page to zero for making a PDF. Next, you are asked various options for how you want to print. Best results will be to select "Single Page". Finally, in the printer dialog, choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" instead of your printer.