Customize Fixture List

Questions and issues concerning LXPlan (formerly LXFree for Java)
peplx

Customize Fixture List

Postby peplx » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:51 am

Is there a way to customize the fixture list so that only the fixtures in our inventory are shown?

I want to both use some modified and unmodified fixtures and then be able to choose from a much smaller list then what is included. I tried to find information on key files but not sure if that is it. There also are not any key files in my \AppData\Roaming\LXSeries4Windows\LXPlan folder.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Customize Fixture List

Postby admin » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm

The functions you are looking for are accessed in the popup menu which is accessed by the button to the right of the palette in the Inspector's symbols tab. Choosing "Remove Unused Entries" will reduce the key to only the entries that have actually been drawn. Or, entries that have been marked "Keep Entry in Key" which is the last menu item and has a checkbox.

Loading a key also keeps entries currently in use and adds entries from the library file. This allows you to mix and match entries from various keys in the library, using the desired ones in your plot.

Once you have developed a key with only the fixtures you want to use, you can export it using the "Save key..." command. If you store this custom key in the \AppData\Roaming\LXSeries4Windows\LXPlan\keys folder, it will appear when you select "Load Key..." and you can use it in other plots.