loosing patched channel

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
JePiPo

loosing patched channel

Postby JePiPo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:23 am

I'm using LXConsole Version 6.2.1 (17124.1) on a MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1 and each time i reopen a file some patched channel are unpatched !

Another problem is the "Enable Group Check with up and Down" is not working

Have you a clue ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: loosing patched channel

Postby admin » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:49 pm

The most likely cause of channels being unpatched is if there is overlap with another channel. Addresses can only be patched to a single channel. This is checked and corrected each time a file is opened. You should see patch problems noted in the messages window if this is happening.

Can you explain exactly how many groups you have recorded and what the exact sequence of things you are doing for the group check? What are you doing? What do you expect to happen? What actually happens?

JePiPo

Postby JePiPo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:27 pm

The problem it's not overlapping adresses. the problem is each time I reopen the show file I should repatching some of the adresses.

Of course I save the file before closing LXConsole

I have 11 Group recorded those groups where automaticly created from channel info. I select the first group : "g1a50" and after when I use the up and down key nothing happen. If I understand well the concept of "Enable group check" when i push the down arrow the second group should be at 50 and the first at 0 (Like a channel check in ETC).

I send you my show file by mail.

Thank's for your help

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:23 pm

I think that the problem is that you are using the arrow keys instead of the key defined in the command line preferences.

Code: Select all

[g] [1] [a] [5] [0]

Sets group 1 at 50. By default up and down are [u] and [d]. So, following the above,

Code: Select all

[u]

should set the next group at 50% and set group 1 to out.

When you email you file, please include which channels you are setting at what addresses so I can see how the patch is not being saved by trying exactly what you are doing.

JePiPo

Postby JePiPo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Exactly I was using the arrow key :-( Sorry

I send you my file yesterday by mail at this adresse " Ix@claudeheintzdesign.com " did you receive it ?

Regards.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:35 am

No, there was no email received or in the spam folder. Try claudeheintzdesign @ gmail.com.

JePiPo

Postby JePiPo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 am

I just done it.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:07 am

For some reason you have values other than 0 in the address offset for the intensity part of the affected channels. I'm not sure how you got there. But, you can edit the channel setup for the channels that won't patch and delete the dimmer part. Then add a new dimmer part and patch your address.

Or, edit the existing dimmer part and set the address offset (+ column) to 0.

JePiPo

Postby JePiPo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:20 pm

It's working :-)

Thank's for your help.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:23 pm

I'm not sure how the DMX offsets got to be negative numbers. They should always be in the range of 0 to 512. And, for a simple dimmer would always be zero. No fixture will have addresses that span a universe. (There may be some pixel mapping applications that use multiple universes. But, that would not be supported as a fixture by LXConsole.)

To prevent input error, values for address offsets are now constrained to 0-512 in both LXBeams and LXConsole latest builds.