Out going OSC connection

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
pace514

Out going OSC connection

Postby pace514 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Hi Claude !!!
As you certainly know, with the new TouchOSC, you can get your layout on your Mac in addition to your iOS devices. I have one problem though. I cannot make CMDLINE, RUNNING CUE and NEXT CUE (OSC out ?) working at the same time. I tried for hours multiples configurations using the 5 possibles connections without success . Either it is working on my iPad Pro, either it is working on my MacBook Pro. Yet it should not be so complicated. I also tried with OSC out from the LXConsole preferences. Despite all my relentlessness, I’ll have to ask for your help again.

Thanks a lot !

Pascal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Out going OSC connection

Postby admin » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:45 pm

Can you check your setup of TouchOSC and LXConsole's OSC?

For TouchOSC, running on the same computer as LXConsole:

Connection 1
UDP
Host: 127.0.0.1
Send Port: 17688
Receive Port: 7688
Zeroconf: custom, TouchOSC

To get the IP and port you can also click Browse as long as LXConsole is open and its OSC in connection is enabled.

For LXConsole, set the OSC out connection to "TouchOSC". Because of the way zeroconf is set in the TouchOSC connection, LXConsole should search for and find an OSC connection called "TouchOSC" using bonjour. You can see if it connects in the Messages window. If you change network or computer after an OSC Out connection is established, turn OSC Out off and back on to reset and reconnect using bonjour.

Note that LXConsole has only one OSC Out destination for sending command line changes. So, it will only work with one of your devices at a time using bonjour. If you want to manually configure a second OSC output, you can use the Aux out setting and restart OSC out after you enter an IPAddress:port, eg. 127.0.0.1:7688. Which device gets connected by bonjour may change and you may need to revisit this setting as devices connect and reconnect to the network. Your mileage may vary.

Using a different zeroconf name for each device may help prevent bonjour from switching between devices. You can manually enter "TouchOSC-1" in the combo box for LXConsole's OSC out connection and then change the connection for TouchOSC to Zeroconf:custom,TouchOSC-1

pace514

Postby pace514 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:41 am

Hello Claude !!!
Still not able to make everything working on both Mac and Ipad at the same time.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wn809xs66nqfy ... m.mp4?dl=0

Have a nice day !

Pascal

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:54 pm

For TouchOSC, running on the same computer as LXConsole:

Connection 1
UDP
Host: 127.0.0.1
Zeroconf: custom, TouchOSC

In LXConsole OSC Out preferences, bonjour connection is TouchOSC

---------------------------------------------

For TouchOSC, running on iPad

Connection 1
UDP
Host: IPAddressOfMacWithLXConsole
Zeroconf: custom, TouchOSC-1

In LXConsole OSC Out preferences, aux osc output is-> IPAddressOfIPad:7688

127.0.0.1/ loopback/LocalHost is the local IPAddress for the internal network connection and is accessible only to apps running on the same device. Packets sent to 127.0.0.1 are not sent to other devices over any other physical interface, WiFi, ethernet, etc.