artnet patch?

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
stanelie

artnet patch?

Postby stanelie » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:17 pm

Hello.

It's unclear to me how I can patch channels to artnet "dimmers". Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: artnet patch?

Postby admin » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:27 pm

There are two locations where you can set the base address of a channel, either in the channel setup sheet or in the inspector's patch table. Entering an address 1-512 for a channel patches that channel to LXConsole's first universe. This universe can be set to any Art-Net net/subnet/universe using the Preferences' DMX Out tab. In versions prior to 6.3, the rest of LXConsole's twelve universes would follow in order in the Art-Net output.

If you patch a channel to address 12 and set the preferences to output to artnet 0/0/0, which is the very first universe of Art-Net, then that channel will control address 12 in that first Art-Net universe. Patching another channel to 3.12 with the same dmx-out setting will result in that channel controlling address 12 in the third overall Art-Net universe. The Art-Net net and subnet will always be the same for all 12 of LXConsole's possible universes.

In the latest build, Version 6.3.0 (17401.3), you can map any of LXConsole's local universes to any Art-Net net/subnet/universe. Only one of LXConsole's universes can be assigned to any given Art-Net universe. But, other than that, it is completely flexible. You can assign LXConsole's first universe to 0/0/0 and the second to 1/0/0 and have control of the first universe in two different Art-Net nets.

stanelie

Postby stanelie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:52 pm

Thanks, this is quite clear. I don't think I got any of that from the online help menu.

One thing that is still unclear to me : I set the net/subnet/universe to 0/0/0, and I patched a channel to 11.1. If I alter this channel, ArtNetView tells me it is acting on channel 1 of the universe 10, instead of 11. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks again.

stanelie

Postby stanelie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:01 pm

I think I got it :

Since the first artnet universe has been set to 0 using the DMX out tab in the preferences, when I set the output patch to universe 11, it does send it to 10, because of the offset in the DMX out.