Selecting a group in display configuration ?

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
pace514

Selecting a group in display configuration ?

Postby pace514 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi Claude !!!

I always make myself a configuration in LXBEAM that i use in LXConsole. I was wandering if there is a way to select more than 1 channel at a time. In other words, Is it possible to select a GROUP of channels in 1 click in a display configuration in LXConsole.

Thanks again !

Pascal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Selecting a group in display configuration ?

Postby admin » Tue May 03, 2022 5:03 pm

Yes, if you make a label (a plain text field in LXBeams) and the text matches the assigned Group of the desired channels in the Inspector's patch table, then clicking the label will select those channels.

The text match is case insensitive.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Even without a label you can select all the channels assigned to a group using the patch table. Simply hold down the option key and click on any of the channels and all the rest with the same group name will be selected.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu May 05, 2022 1:41 pm

LXConsole actually has two elements that are called "Group" and they are not related. First, there is a somewhat traditional group that is a recallable preset, similar to a cue or a submaster. Second, there is the "group" label for a channel in the patch table. This second use of "group" is in no way related to the preset type of group.

In terms of selecting a number of related channels with one click, LXConsole uses the "group" label to determine which channels go together.

Preset groups can be recalled into the current cue (or live) using the command line. Preset groups can also be included in cues. The channels that are set by a recorded group are those that are marked in the group. Unmarked channels are ignored when a group is recalled.

To further distinguish, a channel may be recorded and marked at different levels in more that one preset group. However, it only has one "group" label in the patch table.

pace514

Postby pace514 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:12 pm

Cool !!!

The only thing is since it is plain text, i can not make the text bigger and i have to be very precise when clicking on the text. I've tried to do what i usualy do with channel number, i mean making the ''bounding box'' bigger but unlike channel number it does not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g2s3j2vh0kry ... 7.mp4?dl=0

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 17, 2022 7:15 pm

There is a new latest build of LXConsole that makes clicking on a label accurate for its font/size. If you increase the font size size of a text field in LXBeams, it will transfer to LXConsole. But, as you point out, the bounds of the text field are not used in a display configuration.