Hard time patching since v5.7

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
pace514

Hard time patching since v5.7

Postby pace514 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi Claude !!!
I've been trying to understand the new way of patching since v5.7 but i have to admit that i'm totally lost. Before it was so simple, right click on the channel, imported fixture (by the way, LED with generic ones was very useful) base address and bingo ! Opening the patch, you could see clearly what you just done. I guess I'm missing something. There must be an improvement somewhere but I just can't see it. A couple of time I've tried to figure it out but i gave up and I suspect there's a few users in my case. For what I do, I'm pretty happy with the V6 version and I could stop there. But I'm curious to know what I'm missing...

Thanks a lot for all of what you do !

Pascal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hard time patching since v5.7

Postby admin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 pm

The new patch is largely the same. However, it segregates multiple fixtures into "parts" of a channel. The old patch could mix and match and did not clearly keep different devices separate. The new method does.

To patch a fixture to a channel:

Select the channel either by clicking or typing the number.

Choose Channel->Setup Hilited Channels...

If a part exists,
Select row of the part in the parts table.

If there are no parts (the channel is completely unpatched)
Click the + button to add a part.
Select the row of the new part in the parts table.

To complete setup of the fixture type (with a part selected)
Click the Set Type button.
Select the fixture or import.
Enter the base address in the table.

If you have multiple channels selected you can patch them all at once. It is very similar to patching an individual channel. The only difference is that you enter the base address of the first channel. There is a delta column that allows you to specify how many address slots to skip between channels. So you can, for example, patch a series of channels/fixtures that are 10,20,30 DMX addresses apart ie. 1>10, 2>20, 3>30, or 1>10, 2>30, 3>50 or 1>10, 2>40, 3>70.