Channel patch

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
Le Dioude

Channel patch

Postby Le Dioude » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Hi Claude,

I wonder how to patch several dimmers on one channel (for example : channel 1 drives dimmers 12 and 13) ?
I try typing the dimmers numbers with various separators (, ; . / : -) in the "patch" column (main window / patch), but it doesn't work (i can patch only one dimmer per channel).
Whats the right way to proceed ?

My version of LX Console is 6.0.2, on macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

Thank you in advance for your help !

Regards,

admin
Site Admin

Re: Channel patch

Postby admin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:23 pm

To edit the channel's configuration, select the channel by clicking on it or entering the number in the command line. Then choose Channel->Setup Hilited Channels (Cmd-/).

Each base address you assign must have its own part. Use the + button to add as many parts as you need. You can assign the addresses right in the parts table. Or, once created, the parts will appear in the Inspector's patch table.

It is possible for different parts of a channel to have different subchannels. You can have a dimmer type assigned to one part and a scroller type assigned to another. Although it is possible, mixing fixtures with multiple attributes (subchannels) as parts of the same channel may not yield the best results. Having a single channel control multiple conventional dimmers through as many parts as you want is just fine.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:05 pm

The latest build (not the current release) of LXConsole, Version 6.0.2 (16317.1), adds a shortcut that will create parts if multiple addresses separated by commas are entered in the Inspector's patch table.

Note that this shortcut only adds parts. The current part will get the first address and the new parts will get the rest. In order to remove unused parts or further edit the parts such as selecting a different fixture type, you will still need to use the channel setup sheet. So, primarily this will be useful to quickly patch multiple conventional dimmers to a single channel without opening the channel setup.

Le Dioude

Postby Le Dioude » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi Claude,

thanks a lot, i've installed the latest build, this new shortcutworks and is very useful when working by default with conventional dimmers (the procedure in the "current release" is not very intuitive for me ;) )