Import GDTF

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
macrod

Import GDTF

Postby macrod » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:07 pm

I've downloaded a couple of Robe Profiles from GDTF Share... how do I import them into LXConsole? (I've tried several ways and nothing works)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Import GDTF

Postby admin » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:50 pm

LXConsole does not support importing GDTF files directly. But, you can use LXBeams to import the GDTF and convert it into a file that LXConsole can use. Here are the steps:

In LXBeams, use the popup menu to the right of the palette in the Inspector's symbols tab and choose "Add Entry..."

A complete key entry in LXBeams has a symbol reference as well as photometric and other data. For this process it is not necessary to complete all this. You do need to choose a kind of the fixture. Depending on what you are importing, Automated Fixture or Color Mixing Automated Fixture are appropriate for movers, Color Mixing ERS or Color Mixing Zoom are appropriate for non-moving LEDs.

Once you have selected the kind, click Next. (Leave the ID as its GUID default.)

Don't worry about the properties, switch to the Device Control tab.

From the popup at the top of the tab, select "Import Control Profile(s)..."

Locate your .gdtf file and import it.

Select Export Control Profile(s)...

From the popup of file types in the Save Panel, choose "Profiles for LXConsole"

Save the file where you can find it. Then in the channel setup sheet in LXConsole, click the Import button and open the lxprofile file you just created.

Most GDTF fixtures include more than one profile. When you import the lxprofile file into LXConsole, you'll need to select which one you want to use.

macrod

Re: Import GDTF

Postby macrod » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:45 pm

Thank You! :) (I would never have figured that out!!)