IMPOSSIBLE to save!!

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
tonio

IMPOSSIBLE to save!!

Postby tonio » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been using Lx console 5 for over a year on OS 10.15 (catalina)

I just upgraded to a new Mac 0S 13.4 Ventura and I have the latest version of the lx console.

EVERYTHING works very well EXCEPT the save where it puts me The document “Untitled” could not be saved under “Untitled”. You don't have permission.
Whether I load an lx, asci file or create a new show it gives me this same message...
I checked and I have read and write permission...

I'm at a dead end...

Does anyone have a brilliant idea to get me out of here?

Thanks in advance

admin
Site Admin

Re: IMPOSSIBLE to save!!

Postby admin » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:23 pm

This sounds like a system issue, not an issue with LXConsole which uses a MacOS AppKit framework to save files.

The first thing to do its to check the System Settings which you find in the Apple menu. Be sure that you quit LXConsole before doing this.

Look at the "Privacy and Security" settings.

Find "Files and Folders"

This list of Application permissions is automatically populated. You probably see LXConsole listed.

Step one would be to use the - button at the bottom to remove LXConsole from the Files and Folders permissions list.

Then, try to save from LXConsole again.

If this doesn't work, you can try using tccutil from the terminal to reset permissions. Type

Code: Select all

tccutil reset All com.claudeheintzdesign.lxconsole
into the terminal to reset all system settings/permissions for LXConsole only. To reset all the specific file and folder access permissions for all applications, type

Code: Select all

tccutil reset SystemPolicyAllFiles
into the terminal.

Or, in the System Settings/Privacy and Security/Full Disk Access you can add LXConsole and grant access to your entire disk. This should work to allow LXConsole to read and write anywhere. But, it should be used as a last resort. The fewer apps that have access to the entire disk, the more secure your Mac is.

tonio

Re: IMPOSSIBLE to save!!

Postby tonio » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:17 am

Many thanks for this quick response.

I discovered that my problem was a Mac user problem and therefore it did not come from the software.
I need to format...

Thank you again and have a nice day