User file type

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
JePiPo

User file type

Postby JePiPo » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:52 am

Hi

I have created various user type depending of the material I find during the tour.

What I don't understand its why the name of te selected file change when patched.

On channel 1 I patched an irLEDFlat (5circ) and the type, the use and the dimmers (5) are correct.

But on channel 11 I patched an irLEDFlat (4circ) the dimmers (4) are correct but the Type and the Use are ron !

It's a bit strange and freaking when I am touring and using different projector from one place to an other.

Do I something ron when I created the profiles ?

I'm using LXConsole 6.4.4. (18303.1) on a MacBook Pro running mac OS 12.3.1

https://www.dropbox.com/t/wfOU1FmokM4aYWw0

admin
Site Admin

Re: User file type

Postby admin » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:26 am

I'm not sure I understand how you created the profile and how renaming the edited profile didn't work. If you could post the steps you took when the problem happened, what you expected to happen, and what did happen that was different than you expected, I can help you better.

The way the channel setup window works is that the profile name is not editable until you make changes to the profile. Once you make a change, the type name becomes editable.

I am able to change the name of the profile for your channel 11 by simply editing it. The last sub channel is intensity. So, I click the + button and add a new subchannel. Then I use the - button to delete it. Once I change the subchannel table, the type name becomes editable and I can change it to "irLEDFlat (4circ)". After closing the subchannel editing, followed by the channel setup sheet, I can see "irLEDFlat (4circ)" in the type and use columns of the patch table.

You can edit the use column of the patch table at any time. The default for the use column is to show the type of fixture if it is not a dimmer. But you can easily change that to the purpose of the channel, simply by editing it in the spreadsheet.

-----------------------------------------------

By the way, I believe that the subchannels for the 5 cir LED on channel 1 may have an incorrect order. In most RGBW fixtures, the order would be something like red, green, blue, white, intensity. But, what you have is red, green, blue, intensity, white. That may be correct for this fixture. But it would be the only LED fixture that does not have the color addresses consecutively.

If red, green, blue, white, intensity is indeed the correct order, you can simply reverse the address offsets in the subchannels table. In the address offset column which has a "+" at the top, change 3 to 4 for the intensity row and change 4 to 3 for the white row. Clicking the resort button below the subchannels table will then show the subchannels in the correct order.

JePiPo

Postby JePiPo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:29 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to correct the profile name as you explained and it works fine. I guess I made a mistake exporting them with the same name but I'm not sure :-(

To recall the file, I double-click on the channel I want to change, select dimmer and import one of my profiles. It's quicker than using Set Type, Choose Type, User and selecting the profile I need.

As for the strange order of the subchannels, that's the way Contest irLEDFLAT works when you select 5 channel mode.

I'd also like to say that you've done a fabulous job with this console. I've really appreciated all the features you've implemented: part cue, the ability for a group to influence the content of a cue as you explained in one of my previous questions, etc.

If I've understood correctly, only marked channels are mixed in the cue where the group is included ?

Best regards.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:36 pm

Yes, Only marked channels/subchannels in a group are recalled when it is used.

For example, a group can be used as a color or position preset by only selecting and marking a channel's color or pan/tilt subchannels.

When you say you exported your profile, did you do that from LXConsole or LXBeams?

JePiPo

Postby JePiPo » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:55 am

" When you say you exported your profile, did you do that from LXConsole or LXBeams ? "

I do it from LXConsole.