Virtual Intensity

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
JePiPo

Virtual Intensity

Postby JePiPo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:42 pm

Hello,

How should I patch an instrument with virtual intensity ?

Without the intensity they don't appears on the screen unless i choose a color (Red, Green, Blue), and when i use the vitual intensity i receveid a error message when i open the file i receive this message :

Begin read data,
Complete: OK
Patch error channel 2:
part 1, conflict with address 5

It's normal or should i create the device differently ?

How should I send you a lxcues file to expose my problem ?

Regard's

admin
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Intensity

Postby admin » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:41 pm

The patch error message is not correct. This has been fixed in the latest build of LXConsole 6.4.4 (18303.1).

The most common use of virtual intensity is for a fixture set in a mode with with DMX for only red green and blue. Virtual intensity in this case allows you to simulate an intensity channel that fades the DMX to the red, green, and blue addresses as if the fixture had an intensity control.

A channel setup for this fixture would have a channel part with the following subchannels;

Code: Select all

0- intensity   (offset 0)
23- red         (offset 0)
24- green       (offset 1)
25- blue        (offset 2)

The virtual intensity checkbox must be selected or this will (correctly) flag a patch error when opening the file.

Prior to v6.4.4 (18303.1) a channel part with this configuration and virtual intensity selected would have shown a patch error when opening the file. But, it would not really have been an error. 6.4.4 (18303.1) now (correctly) will not interpret two subchannels with the same offset as a patch error when one of the subchannels is intensity and the part is set to have virtual intensity.