Moving Heads

Questions and issues concerning LXConsole (MacOS)
Sualde

Moving Heads

Postby Sualde » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi, I have to create a new device in the library, it is a EUROLITE LED TMH-X4 Moving-Head Wash Zoom. My question is how do I define the sub-levels within a channel when they are for example:
Channel 7 Strobbo
- 0-3 No function
- 4- 95 Strobe effect with speed increase
- 96- 176 Random strobbo effect
- 177-255 Pulse effect with increasing speed.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Moving Heads

Postby admin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 am

Select the channel you want to setup (click in the main display or type the channel number in the command line).

Choose Channel->Setup Hilited Channels... (Or, double-click the channel in the main display)

In the channel setup sheet, in the parts table, select the channel part for your moving head, click edit.

---You probably got this far in adding the subchannels when you created the setup for your fixture---

Now, in the Subchannels table select the row for the attribute that you want to work on.

With the attribute's row selected, you'll be able to add to the Defined value table for that function.

Each row in the Defined Values table contains a DMX level and a label. So, the table you build might look like this (but not quite):

Code: Select all

0   | No Function
4   | Slowest Strobe
45  | Medium Strobe
95  | Fastest Strobe
96  | Random Strobe
176 | Random Strobe
177 | Slow Pulse Effect
200 | Medium Pulse Effect
255 | Fastest Pulse Effect

Note that the levels shown are always percentages. Type "d45" to enter the 8-bit DMX value "45" which is 18%. So, your table will actually look like

Code: Select all

0   | No Function
2   | Slowest Strobe
18  | Medium Strobe
37  | Fastest Strobe
38  | Random Strobe
69 | Random Strobe
69 | Slow Pulse Effect
78 | Medium Pulse Effect
FL | Fastest Pulse Effect

You'll be able to see these values in the Inspector's Channels tab when a channel using the fixture type is selected. In the Inspector's Channels tab, the subchannels of selected channels are shown in a table on the left side of the tab. Selecting a subchannel in this table will change the popup menu to be able to select from the defined values you setup.

Sualde

Postby Sualde » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Thanks, it is working!!!

It took me a moment to understand that to change to 8-bit DMX value, I have to time "d/and number of value"

I understand that I have to type myself the defined Value/label also "no funtion" or " Random strobbe effect" or, am I missing something?

I have 2 more questions:

- How I defined a Subchannel that it is not on the list?
- What is the difference between intensity and virtual intensity by programing?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:54 pm

To create a custom subchannel, choose View->Setup... and select the channels tab. There is a custom subchannel table where you can add subchannels that are not defined in the standard list.

Virtual intensity is only for LED fixtures that do not have an intensity control of their own. Virtual intensity proportionately adjusts the output of individual LED colors by multiplying them by the intensity level of the channel. It creates the same functionality as an LED fixture with color and intensity control. Otherwise, virtual intensity does nothing if selected for a fixture type.

Also, the latest build of LXConsole (Version 5.9.5 (16112.1) adds a level display control to the defined values table. This allows you to view/edit the levels for defined values either as percent, hexadecimal, or 0-255 values.

Sualde

Postby Sualde » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:19 am

Thanks for your reply! Everything is working so far.