SCROLLING

Questions and issues concerning LXBeams
Nick McCall

SCROLLING

Postby Nick McCall » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:36 pm

Hi everyone and a very happy & safe new year to you all

I am probably being a klutz here but:

When i call up the instrument palette i can't scroll up or down to view different lights. When i use list i can scroll ok. If i resize the palette view a grey scroll button appears to the right briefly then disappears.....

I am ALSO having problems scrolling up or down in a plot.... i can use the cursor to move up or down in the drawing but this, of course, then highlights everything it crosses which aint ideal! When i use the cursor like this the grey scroll button appears to the right of the drawing but then whenever i click on the drawing it disappears.....?

As I say I'm probably being a doofus but any help (maybe from the young wans?) appreciated....

LX BEAMS v5.3.2
MACBOOK PRO running OS10.11.6

OPERATOR....? Way too old for this nonsense...... long long long time user of the wonder that was MACLUX PRO..... happy out!

Be well & thanks in advance

Nick

Nick McCall

Re: SCROLLING

Postby Nick McCall » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi

Further to the above:

When I look at the LX BEAMS HELP page the image of the LX PLOT shows the plot grid with rulers and a SCROLL BAR (with arrows) both to the right (for up/down scrolling) and below (for scrolling across)

neither of these appear on my version.....

Hmmmmm..... the "plot" thickens?

Nick

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:18 pm

I think you want to go to the System Preferences, open General and look for the scroll bar setting. Choose to show the scroll bars always.

The default is to hide/show the scroll bars when MacOS determines, either when actively scrolling or based on your mouse or trackpad. To scroll using a trackpad, regardless of the application, use two fingers to swipe either up/down or side/side. You can see options for gestures in System Preferences/Trackpad.

Nick McCall

Postby Nick McCall » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 pm

Dear Admin....

What can i say?

Fixed and thank you....... that was being a real pain and now it's not!

Appreciated greatly

nick