Text changes in title block

Questions and issues concerning LXBeams
iamcyclops

Text changes in title block

Postby iamcyclops » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:17 am

HI. Just a little glitch.
When I type in something into the top of the title block and save that,
If I then type something into the second space, (between that top block and the main body that contains 'venue, designer, date)
the information in the top block changes back to generic text "light plot".

It's not a massive issue I know but I keep finding it having changed of it's own accord when I update info
in that middle section such as font size etc.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Text changes in title block

Postby admin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:34 am

The title block is an automatically generated group of objects. If you make a change to one of a title block's elements, that change will be lost when the title block is regenerated because all of the elements are replaced.

If you ungroup an automatically generated title block, it becomes just a collection of its parts. So, it will no longer regenerate when changes are made to its elements. You can re-group the elements that started out as an automatic title block. But, that will just be an ordinary group. It won't resize as changes are made to the plot's title info. But, at the same time, you can customize it all you want and those changes will not be lost by an update.

The automatic title block is meant to be a quick way of getting something on the drawing. But, there are so many customization possibilities that it really takes less time to use the automatic one as a starting point and then just draw what you want.

iamcyclops

Re: Text changes in title block

Postby iamcyclops » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:31 pm

thanks for your help