Greyed instruments

Questions and issues concerning LXBeams
lanternz

Greyed instruments

Postby lanternz » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:53 am

Beams 6.5.5. MacBook Pro Sonoma. I am working on a rig with a standard FOH. I have focused and channeled the instruments I wish to use and in the past I have set the have used the line transparency function to hold onto the instruments I am not using by setting them at a low level grey. In 6.5.5 this function does not seem to save. I can set the line transparency and save the file but when I re-open it the instruments are back to their normal full black outline. Suggestions?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Greyed instruments

Postby admin » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:56 pm

I cannot duplicate this issue using version 6.5.5 (20114.1) You could send the specific file along with the exact version (build) of LXBeams and I can take a look to see if I can reproduce.

The latest builds have a lot of under-the-hood changes to keep up with Apple and new versions of MacOS and Xcode (thanks for always changing things Apple!). It is possible that something got broken in the process. Otherwise there wouldn't be a reason that something that basic would quit working.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Greyed instruments

Postby admin » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:04 am

Actually on further examination I was able to reproduce this with lights that have a group type symbol. Originally there were only path type symbols. But group type symbols were added later. When you convert a graphic into a symbol, LXBeams makes a group type symbol.

The transparency issue only happened with group types where the transparency was not expressed when the group was instantiated. The transparency was actually saved, just not applied.

This is fixed in today's latest build 6.5.5 (20204.1).