what's a "temporary version"?

Questions and issues concerning LXBeams
Johan Söderberg

what's a "temporary version"?

Postby Johan Söderberg » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:22 pm

I noted that at my workplace a warning popped up.
It said "temporary version expired".
And LXBeams has turned into LXFree all of a sudden.

temporary.png
temporary.png (23.16 KiB) Viewed 676 times

I checked under menu help/license in LXBeams but didn't manage to figure out what could be wrong or what to do about it.

admin
Site Admin

Re: what's a "temporary version"?

Postby admin » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:09 pm

You are likely using your email as a temporary license instead of using the license file or manually entering the license that you purchased. You can refer to the license email you received for instructions and the specific name code combination or license file needed to validate your license.

The simplest thing to do is to download the license file attached to the license email you received. Then, in LXBeams, choose LXBeams->Licensed to... or LXBeams->Enter License Code... to open the license window. If needed, click the Edit button. Otherwise, click the Import License button and locate your license file. This will import your license name/code combination. Click OK and you should be all set.

Johan Söderberg

Postby Johan Söderberg » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:21 pm

I have received two emails from Paypal.

First the receipt and then "info about your deliverance" starting with the text (in Swedish) saying - Claude Heintz Design has added delifveryinformation...
In that latter of the two emails there is info about

Article name: LXSeries Pro Single User License
Article number xxxxx
Licensed to:xxxxxx
Download e-mail:xxxxx

But there is no license key and no files are attached.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:04 pm

You have more than one license. You can email me and I'll send the appropriate license file.

(The latest license was sent by email back in August. Licenses are sent from claudeheintzdesign not PayPal.)

Best to do this by email rather than by public post. The license names and associated emails are not included in this post for that reason.